All performances are at 7:30 PM at The Sky Centre, Swift Current, Saskatchewan
- Michael Kaeshammer×Michael Kaeshammer
Michael Kaeshammer is an award winner Canadian jazz & boogie-woogie pianist, vocalist, songwriter, arranger and producer. He will perform with a trio of exceptional musicians to thrill our audience with an unforgettable performance. Kaeshammer headlines in such prestigious concert halls as Massey Hall and Koerner Hall in Toronto and the National Arts Centre in Ottawa as well as concert halls in Europe. His debut album, "Blues Keys" was released in 1996 and his career now spans two full decades. In 2017 he was nominated for a Western Canadian Music Award and has won previous WCMA's as Musician of the Year and Entertainer of the Year, plus seven Juno Award nominations have netted him two wins.
Sponsor: W.W.Smith Insurance
New season subscriptions available Aug 14; single concert tickets Sept 4.
- Henderson-Kolk Duo presented by Prairie Debut×Henderson-Kolk Duo presented by Prairie Debut
Since forming in 2004, the Henderson-Kolk Duo has established itself as one of North America’s premier classical guitar duos. Drew Henderson and Michael Kolk met at the University of Toronto and after their first performance together, quickly cultivated a musical chemistry that has resulted in a dynamic and exciting performance style. Their program will feature an exciting array of music with an emphasis on the duo’s original arrangements. Of interest are the transcriptions that take familiar works into the new sonorities of the two guitar medium, creating a fresh and intricate sound delivered by the sensitive playing of the Henderson-Kolk Duo. They will also feature works specifically written for two guitars, such as the beautiful pieces by Canadian Patrick Roux. This is definitely a concert not to be missed.
New season subscriptions available Aug 14; single concert tickets are $45 and are available starting Sep 4.
Exclusive Sponsor: Anderson & Company http://andersonandcompany.ca/
- Prairie Debut: The Chooi Brothers with Philip Chiu, Piano×Prairie Debut: The Chooi Brothers with Philip Chiu, PianoBrothers Nikki and Timothy Chooi are united by a profound and genuine passion for the violin. Together, they have an intrinsic musical union which makes their artistry unique and interesting. The Chooi Brothers have performed with orchestras, on world stages, and have each won international music competitions. Nikki was recently appointed one of the world’s most prestigious violin posts, Concertmaster of The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. At age 16, Timothy captured the 2010 Grand Prize of the l'Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal Standard Life Competition. He won Bronze at the 2015 Michael Hill International Competition in New Zealand. The Chooi Brother's concerts invoke a new twist to the typical classical violins and piano presentation. Along with pianist Philip Chiu, their program sees different configurations: two violins, one violin with piano, and two violins with piano. With music by Grieg, Prokofiev, Ravel, Saraste, and Canadian composer Arcuri, their program ranges from jazzy influenced classical, political commentary, to classical showpieces.
New season subscriptions available Aug 14; single concert tickets available starting Sept 4.
- Union Duke×Union Duke
Sweat flies and floorboards tremble - Union Duke is a Toronto folk quintet with an explosive live show. Bridging soulful indie rock with bluegrass and country, the group belts out soaring harmonies with three, four and even five voices. The songs are irresistible, the perfect fit for the heatwave of the dance hall or the cool breeze of the park. These five guys have been making a commotion in one way or another since they were kids, and years of making music together have brought them to this: a heartbreak of twang and a bootshake of rock and roll. Union Duke is two fifths city, two fifths country, and one fifth whiskey.
New season subscriptions available Aug 14; single concert tickets are $45 available after Sept 4.
- Miss Caledonia×Miss Caledonia
The year is 1955. Desperate to escape the chicory-pulling, stall-cleaning, hay-baling drudgery of life in RR#2 Caledonia, Peggy Ann Douglas has a plan. Following in the footsteps of starlets Debbie Reynolds and Lee Meriwether, Peggy Ann will simply become a movie star and she will start her journey to the top by winning the local pageant. Can she sing, twirl and pivot her way into the judges’ hearts, or will shaky nerves and a Puritanical Work Ethic sabotage her efforts? Brimming with love, comedy, and a staggering work ethic of its own, Miss Caledonia is a delightful exploration of optimism and reality down on the farm. Dora and Canadian Comedy Award winner Melody A. Johnson, along with the delightful accompaniment of Alison Porter on fiddle, will have you in the palm of her hand on her quest for the tiara in Miss Caledonia.
New season subscriptions available Aug 14; single tickets are $45 and are available starting Sept 4.
|2017 - 2018
Regular Subscription Price
|Section 1||Section 2|
A limited number of subscriptions for new subscribers will be available starting on August 12 and will be available by visiting ticketpro.ca or calling 1-888-655-9090. Any remaining single tickets will be $45.00 starting in mid-September, also via Ticketpro.|
Ticket prices includes GST.
Swift Current Arts Council's GST registration number is R123094732
- Four by Four×Four by Four
From the creative team that brought you the hit show “OH WHAT A NIGHT!” comes a brand new concept in tribute shows.
This exciting retrospective features a stellar cast of four celebrating in person the music of The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Bee Gees and Motown. Their performance will feature over fifty legendary songs from these great icons of pop music culture all in one Las Vegas style show – feel good songs like I Want To Hold Your Hand, Twist and Shout, How Deep Is Your Love, Stayin’ Alive, Surfin USA, Help Me Rhonda, Please Mister Postman, and Stop! In The Name of Love.
The stars of “Four by Four” sing and dance their way through all of the greatest hits of these pop icons in a fully choreographed production. Informative and often humorous banter ties all of this extraordinary music together for an evening of feel good, raise-the-roof entertainment.
Tickets for this show are available for $56.50 at the Living Sky Casino Box Office or online at https://tickets.siga.sk.ca/